Existing Member?

Travel Scholarships - Travel. Experience. Contribute.

2010 Travel Writing Scholar Returns Triumphantly

WORLDWIDE | Wednesday, 17 March 2010 | Views [3982] | Comments [1]

Snow Monkeys of Nagano Hot Springs

Snow Monkeys of Nagano Hot Springs

Amy Palfreyman, winner of our 2010 Writing Scholarship is back from her assignment with 'The Rough Guide to Japan' travel guide and has a lot to be excited about.

Amy thrived on this challenge and mentor, Simon Richmond was so impressed by her work that she has been put forward to do more work for Rough Guides in the near future.

I defy you not to giggle your way thru Amy’s blog The Way the Nori Rolls as she takes us through her mind-boggling busy 11 day journey from Tokyo around Honshu and culminating in the Intrepid Travel's "Flavours of Tokyo" tour. 

Amy serves up the whacky experiences you could only expect from Japan: drinks being served “French style” by a man who later changes into frog suit; a hot spring theme park, where people pay to get naked and watch fish feed off their skin; and of course, her gastronomical undertakings involving miso ice-cream, bee larvae, fish sperm and lizards on sticks. 

Well done Amy!  We look forward to hearing how your career in travel writing progresses.

Check out Amy's blog here.

Travel. Learn. Create.

For all of you aspiring creatives, check out our Scholarships page and sign up to hear about our latest opportunities, tips, advice and interviews with industry professionals in the fields of photography, travel writing and filmmaking.

And if you're lucky enough to be mentored by one of our industry professionals, it could kick start your career!

About WorldNomads.com

WorldNomads.com keeps you travelling safely.  Whether you’re off for a long weekend, looking for the ultimate adventure or living the nomadic dream, you’ll stay safe with Travel Insurance you can buy online, anytime, and the latest travel safety advice. Learn how to flirt in over 25 languages with our free language guides and have an experience of a lifetime on a travel scholarship. We'll also help you share your journey with a free travel blog, get answers from other nomads to all of your travel questions (try the new 'Ask A Nomad' iPad app) and donate to a local community development project through our Footprints program.  

WorldNomads.com - an essential part of every adventurous traveller's journey.

Comments

1

not bad

  sweet Apr 2, 2010 1:36 AM

About scholarships


Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Worldwide

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.