Existing Member?

Not only Canada A 10 months trip in North America & amazing walks in my Dolomites

Time to leave the Atlantic Coast

CANADA | Saturday, 25 June 2011 | Views [572]

Adam, me, Liz and his son. (from the left). Unforgettable hospitality! Toronto, ON

Adam, me, Liz and his son. (from the left). Unforgettable hospitality! Toronto, ON

Before leaving Toronto for the Pacific Coast I need to sort out a couple of things: go see the Niagara Falls and make my working visa start.

Right away on Tuesday 17 I'm on the Greyhound bus for Niagara Falls. The legendary place where Marilyn Monroe was the star of the homonymous movie is crowded of tourists, but to me it seems like a big circus. Apart from the falls, this place has been built without a planning: the city of Niagara Falls doesn't attract a lot of tourists and around these two big jumps of water there is nothing but hotels, gift shops, restaurants, the casino.. any kind of tourist attraction.

I cross the boundary with USA for a few minutes just to come back with a piece of paper that allows me to start officially my working experience in Canada. Big step!

I came back the same day and I decide to spend my last days couchsurfing to another place: Liz has been too kind to me and I can't no more take advantage of her courtesy. Just the time to meet his son from Vancouver and I move to Raja for a few days, actually close to Liz home. Raja take me into geocaching and we bike around Toronto looking for hidden objects.

Suddenly I made my decision: I buy a train ticket for the next Saturday.

Photo album "NIAGARA FALLS"

Tags: couchsurfing, geocaching, niagara falls

 

 

Travel Answers about Canada

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.