Existing Member?

Not only Canada A 10 months trip in North America & amazing walks in my Dolomites

Back to Toronto

CANADA | Wednesday, 15 June 2011 | Views [668]

Butterfly, Algonquin Provincial Park, ON

Butterfly, Algonquin Provincial Park, ON

At first my plan is to hike in the Parc National du Mont Tremblau, not far away from Montreal. But looking at the forecast I decide to change destination and drive back on Monday because the weather is rainy: he last park will be the Algonquin Provincial Park in the Ontario Laurentian Hills.

I spend the night in the car in Whitney, a little town next to the entrance of the park. Here I have a funny experience with the local police: I'm awakened in the night by a policeman for a regular control and after explaining my situation the cop apologize to have awakened me up!

The following morning I awake up preatty soon, the weather is completely sunny and I'm ready for some hiking. I drive in the park to have breakfast in a parking lot but after a while I must come back and eat in Whitney: too many mosquitoes in the forest! With a map of the trails I start with a nice short Lookout trail, then I move to Booth's Rock Trail. This is an amazing trail that brings you from the forest (so full of mosquitoes!) up to the Booth Rock, a huge piece of rock from which you see the lake below and the forest all around. I take so many photos here, it's fantastic! Coming down the cliff the path along the lake return to the parking lot.

In the afternoon I stop along some docks and lakes in the park to relax and think about all my trip, then I drive south east on the 62rd to Join Kt and Rich in Bloomfield. Along the road I pick up a buddy who is hitch-hiking and I leave him in Belleville. It's almost dinner time when I arrive in Bloomfield to give the bicycle back to Kt. A couple of young German fellows is hosted in this amazing place that was the first stage of my eastern trip. Matthias and Manuela are going to take a trip of a week with a tandem kindly lent by Kt and Rick.

I spend my last night outside Toronto and after having greeted the couple of Bloomfield Bicycle Company I drive back to the rental office in Richmond Hill: at 11am I drop the car that marks on the odometer 9.400km!

Still excited about what I did I take the bus back to Liz house where a bed is waiting for me before my departure for British Columbia.

Photo album link: "ALGONQUIN PROVINCIAL PARK"

Tags: drive, hike, prince edward county, toronto

 

 

Travel Answers about Canada

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.