Existing Member?

Not only Canada A 10 months trip in North America & amazing walks in my Dolomites

On the way back...

CANADA | Thursday, 9 June 2011 | Views [531]

Shave in early morning. Near Carleton, QC

Shave in early morning. Near Carleton, QC

From P.E.I. I drive to Miramichi where I had planned to stop for the night. I meet a young boy with the passion for rock and we go to drink a beer in a pub. After a while I understand that there is not much to see here, and it is only noon so I decide not to stop here but continue in my way back. I return to Quebec across a bridge in Cambellton and I decide to drive along the south coast of Gaspe. The weather is sunny and I still love Quebec: fantastic landscapes and a many service areas along the street.

In the late afternoon I arrive in Carleton, a so beautiful town! There's a path on the bay where people go biking and running, there's an hill in the backside of the town with a panoramic view, the centre is nice and I wish to stop here for some days. Unfortunately my schedule is strict, so I spend the night in the car after seeing a beautiful sunset.

Wednesay 8, 6:30 am: I wake up early because the sun is already shining. To trip all around Gaspe Peninsula is too much driving, so I drive across the land on the 299 Route. I return to Parc National de la Gaspesie, where I take a 3-4 hours walk. The weather is good and the landscape is fantastic! I really enjoy the walk, between woods, lakes and creeks. I eat my lunch in a winter refuge and come back still excited. In the afternoon I drive along the 132 Road for some hours: the next couch is waiting for me!

Serge is a man who lives with his partner in Caucoma near Riviere du Loup. Is a funny and kind person, he loves wine. We talk about Italy, wine, our experiences in Canada. I sleep in a comfortable couch and the morning after I'm ready for the last big meeting: Montreal!

Photo album link: "DEFINITELY QUEBEC"  

 
 

 

Travel Answers about Canada

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.