Existing Member?

Europe 2012

Delayed blogging

SWITZERLAND | Tuesday, 10 July 2012 | Views [484]

I am a little behind on my blogging due to the Swiss wifi connection, but that is fine by me because Switzerland was far too pretty to be on the Internet anyways.
Rewind to our last night in Munich. Adam and I decided to go to the chinese bier garden in the Englishgarden for dinner. We wanted to try out some traditional German cuisine. Our food looked delicious and the weather appeared to be great for a nice outdoor meal. As soon as we sat down to start eating a torrential downpour! It looked like the rain was going lighten up so we started running out of the park. Twenty minutes and a few kilometers later we were drenched standing in the middle of a park, the rain was getting worse and we maybe even witnessed the loudest crack of thunder EVER. We eventually made it back to the dry hostel... Although this sounds awful it was a so much fun and I could not stop laughing. 
The next morning we caught our train to Interlaken, Switzerland. Hands down the prettiest place on earth. We arrived late so we ate at the only open cafe in town. This is where we discovered that only super rich people must live in Switzerland. For a small baguette with cheese it was 14 Swiss franks ($13.50CAD)! That's nuts! We never ate out again in Interlaken. Our hostel was actually in a small village call Iseltwald and was right on the beautiful blue lake. Being the halfway point in our trip we took full advantage of the relaxed cabin style atmosphere to detox and recuperate. In my case, a brief visit to the doctor was in order to kick a sinus infection. I am very thankful to live in Canada after paying that bill... Yikes. 
After hiking, kayaking, swimming, sleeping and overall relaxing in Iseltwald  we are finally off to Venice, Italy for the the second half of our trip. Everything is going by far too quick, but I try not to think about going home just yet. 
Things I miss: My bed, milk, friends/family, my office moms and Switzerland (only been gone 7 hours) 

Tags: hiking, munich, relaxing, switzerland

About christie


Where I've been

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Switzerland

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.