Existing Member?

Travels

Day 49 (8-22): Argentina Cordoba

ARGENTINA | Sunday, 22 August 2010 | Views [297]

- Arrived at Cordoba early in the morning and walked approximately 30 minutes to Aldea Hostel, located at the heart of the city. For once, someone was sharing a room with me. When I greeted him, Jesse was reading and kind of kept to himself. But once he started talking, he couldn´t stop. He started telling me about his job, his travels, his past relationships etc ... I felt bad cutting him off but I just wanted to take a nap. I finally got a break when he left briefly for a restroom break and slept like a baby.

- When you are traveling, you start to lose track of days and dates. But in South America, it is easy to tell when it is Sunday because everything closes on Sunday. After my nap, I took a walk around the Plaza and quickly realized it must be Sunday. With (almost) everything closed, I walked along Av. Colon all the way to the cemetry. It was a much smaller scale than the one in Santiago, but the mausoleums were equally as impressive.

- In the evening, I got recommendations from the hostel for a tango show, only to arrive and found out that the tango hall was closed. There was a notice, only 2 days old, posted by the City stating an infraction of certain code. Luckily the tango hall was really close to the Arts fair, which is open on Sunday evenings. Checked out the fair till 10 (when it closed) and treated myself to a nice buffet dinner.

About cee_402


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Argentina

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.