Existing Member?

360 Days of Adventure...continues A journey of a thousand miles must start with a single step. I aim to make each step a worthy part of my journey. Click the title above and join me ...

Happy New Year from the Kenyan Coast

KENYA | Tuesday, 31 December 2013 | Views [981]

Beach outside The Billionaire's Resort

Beach outside The Billionaire's Resort

The last day of 2013 brings with it another perfect blue sky and a cooling breeze that blows off the sea and over the warm soft sands. Coconut palm fronds sway, rustling over our heads. The tide is out and sitting at Rosada in Malindi we watch people wade through the shallow waters out to the sandbanks. The air carries the scent of the seaweed, clearly visible now.

What a perfect setting to sit and reflect on the past year. It is hard to believe this trip is nearing its end. The combination of that and New Years Eve make it difficult not to look back at the incredible journey I have been on - physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually. The freedom of the open road which has allowed me to spend as much or as little time in so many different and wonderful places. I have shared parts of the road with so many incredible people which has brought laughter and new perspectives to the journey. I have truly enjoyed spending time with some of my wonderful friends dotted around the globe and it has been fantastic to see them again.

This evening we are going to Turtle Bay - an hotel in Watamu, close to Ocean Sports where we used to go as teenagers. Somewhere along the way we have grown up and now it is our children who will party there. The circle of life...!

Thank you to everyone who has followed by blog. With almost 15,000 views on my stories it has motivated me to get out there and make the most of opportunities so I could  share them with you, even when the easier option was less newsworthy. If I have inspired even one person to push their barriers, to actually make a trip they have enjoyed, then I have achieved something amazing.

There is much to tell you about these past two weeks, but it can keep until next year. For now I wish you all a very happy new year and safe travels in 2014.

 

Tags: kenya, new years eve, turtle bay, watamu. malindi

About butterfly-freed


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Kenya

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.