Existing Member?

My Asia I fell in love with Cambodia in 2002. I am fortunate enough to now be able to enjoy regular trips. I hope you enjoy following me and that the information is useful to some!

Kampot - Days 5 - 7

CAMBODIA | Wednesday, 22 December 2010 | Views [588]

DAY 5 – 7 in Kampot

Woke up on day four to a howling wind! I immediately thought of the boys and how they were feeling!!! Eek! Met Dee and girls at the Moliden to go to the Kampot Markets. These are a great little market, nothing touristy but a great market to have a poke about in. I think it was the girls first real wet market, they were not impressed in the poultry aisle or the meat aisle! Can’t get any fresher than the ducks and chicken squealing.  Fruit and vege aisle was much nicer and we tried a few things as the ladies are so generous and friendly here! Coffee heaven in the markets and Dee and l stop off for one. Girls waited outside! Where they had bought some lovely donut type bread.

Its actually cold and we even have goose bumps! Who would ever think we could be cold here!! Back to the Riki for a yummy breakfast, although really we did not need it as we ate and drank so much in the market!

We get Lucky the Tuk Tuk driver to take us over to fish Island where we see some boys riding water buffalo’s, they put on such a good show for us and we created a crows all watching us watch them!! The boys were so gorgeous and even when they fell off the buffalo’s into some muddy, green water they still laughed and laughed! We ended up giving them a  dollar, l hate doing this but these boys really posed for our photos and were so delightful, Lucky helped to explain to them that we were so happy and just wanted them to have a little treat! Hopefully they took it the right way.

We meet up with Bory who was on Rabbit Island last night with the boys but come back early and he tells us they’ll be back about 2 and had caught 8 fish!!! And that it was'nt as rough over there as it was here. The boat finally chugs up the river about 2.30 and they were all wet and cold but have had a terrific adventure.

We say Goodbye to the Suttons who are off to PP, we may catch them there. And we enjoy a ncie quiet and warm and dry night!

DAY 5 – Bruce and Sam are happy to have a lazy day, We got up very late and had a very late breakfast! Markets again and then back for a lazy afternoon! I get the clothes from Dorsu and they are fabulous, anyone wanting clothes done, this is the place, but bring your own fabric there’s is limited.  Dom lent us his car and we popped out to Nataya Resort to have a look, impressive place but not us!!! And driving in Kampot was eventful as its left hand drive! Weird!

DAY  7 – We hire bicycles and are off to find our Fish Island Kids that we took photos of in January. It wasn’t too hard really, one of the girls was in a little shop that we stopped at just before the field, and she pointed to further down the street and just as we started off to where she was pointing, along came the Dad that we also took photos of. I recognised him straight away. I was a bit excited!! We got all the photos out and before long had a crowd of kids and the girl from the shop was handing out the photos to those involved, was so great. They were all laughing and giggling, was such a gorgeous moment. I am very sure that Bruce and l got just as much out of this as they did.

We rode through the villages and Salt fields, followed some kids on bikes with soccer boots hoping they were off to a game, but they just went home!! Oh well!

We had lunch at Natural Bungalows, which had great food, good location right near the new bridge and great staff!

We were sitting out side of the Riki having a cup of tea, Darren had a boat cruise going for sunset, he rang me back and said we looked very sad and would we like to join him as his guests on the Diva for sunset! This was a very fitting way to end our last day in Kampot and it was the most spectacular sunset of the trip!!!

 I will post photos soon of it and its worth coming back to have a look!!!

 

 

 

 

Gorgeous lady

Gorgeous lady

 

 

Travel Answers about Cambodia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.