Existing Member?

Travels

Perfection

INDIA | Sunday, 1 March 2009 | Views [339] | Comments [1]

I can be a critical person.  I try not to find fault with people, with things, with life. I try not to, and it's hard to try.  But I usually wind up finding fault with most things- I'm just a critical person. I was raised that way, raised to be critical, raised to question, raised to pay attention to detail.... I'm somewhat of a perfectionist.  At times, this has made my life more stressful.

But....

I HAVE FOUND A NICHE FOR MY PERFECTIONISM!!! Being as critical as I am is the PERFECT quality to have when shopping for merchandise because there are so many different qualities of things.  My skill at weeding out merchandise with imperfections is amazing to me...someone can show me the most beautiful embroidered handmade work of art, and I just have to scan it one time and my eyes will immeaditely find everything that's wrong with it! Despite an article's apparent beauty, my eyes will go right to the first thing I see wrong with it.  "It's missing 3 sequins here." or "It's a little lopsided." or "There's a tiny hole here"  Things most people would never notice...but I do...and it's PERFECT because it will ensure the quality of my merchandise and enable me to have a more expenisive-type store.  This will not be your typical hippie store.

Comments

1

Maybe it helps to think of yourself as "discerning" instead of critical? Kind of takes the negative edge off it!

  Neville Mar 13, 2009 3:36 AM

About zoejoy


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about India

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.