Existing Member?

Travels

Rose Quartz

INDIA | Saturday, 28 February 2009 | Views [533] | Comments [3]

I was walking in an entrance to a restaurant today, and all of this crap came falling down on me.  I took me a moment to realize, but someone had been sweeping from above and all the nasty crap fell on me!  Ughh.  I stood there in the stairwell, wiping the dust off of me and coughing, and another woman entered, also on her way to the restaurant upstairs.  I told her what had just happened. 

Her name was Diana, and she's from England.  We are both traveling alone so we sat down and had lunch together.  It was a lovely lunch.  During our lunch, I remembered suddenly that I had a piece of rose quartz in my bag that someone gave me in Jaipur.  I had this strong feeling that she was supposed to have it, I don't know why.  So reached in my bag and I gave her the rose quartz, told her I just thought she should have it. 

Well, it turns out that her boyfriend died 2 years ago and shortly after his death random people have been giving her rose quartz!  Like more than 2 or 3 people.  She thinks its a gift from him, because he really liked the stone and said it was good for opening the heart.   She thinks its his way of letting her know he's ok.  She told me the story with tears in her eyes. 

 

Comments

1

wow!

  victor Warring Feb 28, 2009 9:17 PM

2

You are world traveler and messenger! Glad you are felling better! I love cows too, but they are so big and can be scary. GLad you met a friend!

  kristin McLean Mar 1, 2009 9:56 AM

3

Zoe, I'm glad you are feeling better... definitely so much to take in there! Very interesting about the cows, and so sweet the rose quartz tale... It will be fun to see your photos!

  Kate Mar 3, 2009 12:33 PM

About zoejoy


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about India

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.