Existing Member?

Cowboys, Canadians & Crazy American Children

Canadia

CANADA | Friday, 15 May 2009 | Views [705] | Comments [1]

Skiing with Al and Em

Skiing with Al and Em

I actually had no idea that I hadn't written an entry since I was in DC - feels like SUCH a long time ago!

I am sitting in a hostel in Victoria, Vancouver Island, CANADA! But before I get to that I need to update you all on where I've been since DC...

I left Liz's place early on a Friday with the most horrible hangover thanks to her introduction of me to Hashing (google it - its not pot...) and caught the bus to NYC. I was super excited becuase I was finally going to meet Jim and Twink (Steve's parents) who were picking me up in the city. We managed to find eachother ok and did a whirlwind tour of Manhatten before stopping at a Kiwi pub for lunch. We then headed out to their place via Hillary and Bill's house. Such a pretty part of the world and I was super spoilt being taken out again for dinner to an amazing resteraunt on the river that night.

Next day up super early again to be at the airport by 6.30, I didnt mind though cos it meant that I was almost going to see Alice! They let me in though and I was met by Katie at the airport. The next 2 days were spent in Vancouver doing touristy things and attempting to recover from what had been a very big week... Katie and I then headed up to Whistler via the see to sky highway which was SPECTACULAR!

We finally caught up with Alice and her room-mate Em that night for drinks and nibbles which was awesome! It was a good beginning to a great week that included lots of good food (including VERY fudgy brownies, Cows ice cream, sushi and stolen cheese toasties), good company, not so good Canucks hockey watching and even some skiing (attempted anyway...)!

Monday saw Al and I heading back to Van to pick up Rupes. The next day was spent wandering through gas town (past the cambie Andy...) and then dinner and drinks that turned into a Wesley reunion - Cara, Alice, Rupes and I with another Aussie ring-in Brendon and the token Canadian Katie... We even stumbled accross an old blues player named Wes!

That brings me to yesterday when I caught the ferry over to Victoria to check out the Island for a few days. Today I wandered around the city all day which was awesome - such a pretty harbour... Tomorrow I am doing a Kayak tour in the morning then I think Ill head up to Nanaimo to see what that's about for a few days before heading back to Vancouver to re-inhabit Katies couch for a few more days...

I also had my 2 month travel anniversary the other day - I actually cant believe its been that long! Next up is the east coast of Canada (Quebec City, Montreal and Toronto) before I head back to the states for a week of NYC/Boston and then onto camp - wohoo!

Thanks so much for all of your emails/comments etc, keep them coming - its always so good to hear news from home! And I will try to keep this updated as much as I can...

Big love to all,

Speak soon,

Zoe

Comments

1

Hello my Blossom

It was so good to hear you today - you do sound a bit tired though! Mum received a lterr from Jim and Twinks - they loved having you!

Stay well - have a ski for me - if you do catch up with Neil Wolliams say hi and tell them that Neddy is a workingdog now!

lots of love

Mum

  Nick May 16, 2009 6:30 PM

About zoe_wilson2


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Canada

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.