Existing Member?

A New Adventure We do but turn another page - Act Three!

Dubai Shopping

UNITED ARAB EMIRATES | Sunday, 28 February 2010 | Views [390]

It was off to the souk in Dubai this morning. Got there a little late it being Friday and things were about to close up for praye, but still plenty of shops open in the spice souk and gold and fabric souks. The usual barrage of guys asking if you want to buy Rolexes, louis vitton bags and now I-phones and the usual pleasant dickering over prices. One guy had heard someone call my name outside and of course he was “Mr. George” this and “Mr. George” that. They kept trying to sell Natural Viagra to me. Strange other products like sex drops and breast enlarging soap were available. As the morning progressed it became filled with hordes of bachelor workers - mostly Indian and things got pretty crazy before prayer started. Took a ferry (34 cents) packed with workers across the creek to the other shore where more souks awaited - Indian products there. Got a taxi back to the hotel for checkout. In the afternoon - more shopping this time at City Centre - another huge mall. This was also packed but with families going out after prayer. The food court was overflowing with people from all over the world. Very upscale stores, lots of kids everywhere. Quite the scene. Got back to the hotel and waited for the flight to Bahrain - no incidents, smooth flight and …

 

 

Travel Answers about United Arab Emirates

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.