Existing Member?

Red Shoe Diary

La Chiva

ECUADOR | Wednesday, 7 December 2011 | Views [519]

La Chiva.

No, its not a goat but neither is it just a bus taking tourists along the 'Waterfalls Highway'. The Chiva was very brightly coloured in reds, blues and yellows with lots of orange squiggles which made it a very jolly bus to see the waterfalls, with open sides even better for sightseeing, so off we went. But within seconds we were introduced to the Chiva's other role: a moving disco! On came the music, pumped up to full volume, pop (I'm showing my age) and house (getting down) with a Latino beat drew all eyes as we passed - envy or pity, I'm not sure - and we swung out of town, hugging the narrow roads that gave optimum vistas of the 17 waterfalls. But there's more, after some 3 hours and excellent views of waterfalls, including rides across canyons and hikes down through woodland for close up views , we started to head back and as it was getting dark, on came the lights! Blue, green and red flashing bulbs inside and flashing strips on the outside, beautifully drawing out the orange squiggle artwork as we rocked back to Banos. I would highly recommend the trip but pack your ear plugs if you're over 18!

About zapatosrojos


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Ecuador

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.