Existing Member?

Red Shoe Diary

street entertainers

ECUADOR | Thursday, 27 October 2011 | Views [307]

This is a big movement here with entertainers stepping out to do their thing for the 3 - 4 minutes that cars are at a stop with a red light. We have seen mime artists warn against the dangers of driving too fast; jugglers, including one with a cup on his head; fire breathers, obviously working at night for full impact; cheer leaders and my personal favourite, the tight rope walker.  He worked at a furious pace as,in the 3 minutes the traffic was at a stop he: connected his rope to a tripod, attached the safety rope to stop the tripod from collapsing, jumped up and got hold of the rope with one hand, swung his leg over the rope, in one swing was around so he was lying on the rope, stood up, walked back and forth, went down on one knee, stood, walked backwards, lowered himself off the rope, detached his rope, loosened the safety rope on the tripod then walked down the cars for donations. Then, after 3 minutes,  he started all over again, amazing.

About zapatosrojos


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Ecuador

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.