Existing Member?

Red Shoe Diary

supermaxi

ECUADOR | Wednesday, 12 October 2011 | Views [376]

As we were obviously at a loose end on Friday, mama decided we should go shopping to the super maxi with papa at 11 o'clock. We were ready and vamos, again without mama.There was a theme developing here. Papa has decided to just talk at us presumably in the hope that we get some of it, which we don't, not really.  He was pointing out sights but then we seemed to go around and be going home. 'Mama' and 'bolso' (wallet) were repeated in his chat. oh dear. We stopped sharply, he ran in to the house having parked at a 90 degree angle outside and we sat in nervous anticipation. Off we went again, this  time with a bolso, but still no mama. At 11.30 we collected mama from a roadside (why?) and so to the supermarket. At the bank, next to the supermarket, we were put into a queue by mama as she and papa disappeared to the back of the bank. Yes we needed to change currency, but had we told them that? As it came to our turn, mama appeared and pushed us away with gracias as she went forward to be served. Ah, good use of non spanish speaking guests on our hands for a weekend!

About zapatosrojos


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Ecuador

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.