Existing Member?

Kicking myself all the way

Fun Mexico vs Run! Mexico!

USA | Tuesday, 21 April 2015 | Views [114]

Well Baja, as ever, has been a real blast. Lovely roads and mellow people.

Riding South all the way down to Cabo has been like fast forwarding a documentary on the rise - and - fall of the Roman Empire - humble dirt streets and simple dwellings for the first 800 miles, giving way to the  rustic charm San Ignacio then a little more so in Mulege. Loretto marks the first 'success' (if measuring by swanky stores and modern infrastructure. La Paz mixes this with a bit of everything so far then Nero arrives in power and the  result is Cabo - my kids are reading this so I'll skip the obvious stuff . . .  I will mention the amazing wealth on display in the marina: my favourite being possibly  Nero ' s own yacht - a 150 ft cruiser with a shrunk wrapped helicopter on the poop deck landing pad.

Napa-meets-Mulege Todos Santos is modern Italy perhaps.

So ends my first ever full tour of Baja - what a great place. Shame my next phase doesn't yet hold me in rapt anticipation - Mexico proper awaits me when I roo of the Mazatlan ferry wednesday morning and I  have a long slog East South East as I try to sneak past Central West coast Mexico and then the queen of the Latin Americas' cities, Mexico City, unmolested. Keep you fingers crossed for me.

My aim is to be somewhere to the South East of Mexico City by the time Phil rolls back into Encinitas on Saturday - as on paper we are travelling similar distances though I will be sticking to  main, boring, ' safe'  highways whilst P gets to sample the West coast of Baja from Scorpion Bay up. I am jobs but I've made my bed ..

 

 

 

 

 

About yoshic


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.