Existing Member?

Footloose and fancy free Starting the OE with a 4week Intrepid Journey through Thailand. Yay.

Kanchanaburi 25-26/08/08

THAILAND | Tuesday, 26 August 2008 | Views [354]

Well left bangkok yesterday and had a 2hr busride in a very hot bus. But that was ok staying in a river raft which is interesting if not bloody hot. I get the afternoon sun but mine is the only one where the windows don't open and there is no ceiling fan.

Once we'd settled in we went on a speedboat ride to the Jeath war museum, very moving seeing how the POW's were treated during the making of the bridge. Then we went to see these limestone caves that really weren't that great for all they were especially after the climb we had to get to them. From there we carried on down the river past the Monkey school, yes thats right the monkey school, down to he bridge over river Kwae which was amazing even though I forgot my camera, grr. It will not be left behind again.

Today we went for a 1 1/2hr songthaew ride to the erawan falls very pretty but it was bliss to go for a swim even if it was with some fishes that eat the dead skin off your feet.

The afternoon we came back and walked the 4kms down to the Bridge over river Kwae and got some wicked pictures of the train going across. Very exciting especially since I forgot the camera the night before. Well must be off tomorrow we have another early morning bus trip before meeting up with the night train that will take us to Chiang Mai

About yesacewol

Taupo Bungy, Soo scary but lots of fun

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.