Existing Member?

Sweet as Bro... "Sweet as": Second most common phrase in New Zealand after "awesome". Said when someting is rather good instead of just "good" or "OK". Often followed by "bro".

raglan

NEW ZEALAND | Saturday, 8 March 2008 | Views [919]

this is it: party outside, i'm in my room pretending to study (obviously...). remi, our new french flatmate is turning 26 tomorrow, so they're getting drunk at the moment, 3 different music styles blasting out of 3 different rooms, doors are all open and the whole crowd is on the deck. it's impossible to analyze "doctor faustus" under these circumctances ;-) whatever: i need a break now. 

this morning we were supposed to go to rotorua, but the bus didn't show up. so jenny and me decided to go to raglan instead, and really had to hurry to get back home to get our bikinis and then hurry back to the bus (only one going in the morning and then only one going back in the afternoon... no comment on nz public transportation...) i was afraid jenny wouldn't make it, since she lives a bit further away than i do but somehow she was lucky again. this girl is just amazing. she found a bus stop right outside her door! (it had obviously been there all the time, she just didn't notice...) sooo... bumpy bus ride, and then: beach! water! sun! ice cream! i met one of my lecturers at a chip shop, totally random. he was buying sweets for his 2 cute little children. not enough that i have him twice a week in tutorials, with him knowing my name and referring to me the whole time, now i even meet him in my free time! but he's sweet as, last time he was late to class cause he hitched to university ;-) the other germans stayed quite close to raglan center, but jenny lauren and i took a walk along the beach, trying to find the way to manu bay. we never made it, though, but it was great anyway. feeling the hot, black sand burning your feet, the water washing the heat off and the wind blowing in your face. there were people along the beach fishing and kite surfing, even paragliding, but most of the time we had it all to ourselves. lauren said that if they had such a beach in the states, they would build houses all along the coastline and it would soon be crowded with people. luckily we're in nz, not in the u.s. ;-) i still didn't surf, but now my wish to learn it got even stronger. if i build a house sometime, far away in the future, it has to be next to the ocean. of that i am sure.

btw, i bought a new shower curtain, ours is mouldy all over, and vacuum bags. as soon as i finish my assignment i'll get that vacuumer up and running and then take it to places in the house it has never been to before... (i am afraid of what i might find on the way...)

gotta go now, beer must be cold by now and christopher marlowe can send his faustus to hell as many times as he likes, i am going out there now, to feed the lions... 

Tags: beaches & sunshine

 

About xocolata


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about New Zealand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.