Existing Member?

Sweet as Bro... "Sweet as": Second most common phrase in New Zealand after "awesome". Said when someting is rather good instead of just "good" or "OK". Often followed by "bro".

dubai airport

UNITED ARAB EMIRATES | Wednesday, 13 February 2008 | Views [1562]

that's me: just arrived at dubai airport and nothing better to do than to queue at the first internet spot i can find and try to login to studivz. doesn't work, because:

We apologize the site you are attempting to visit has been blocked due to its content being inconsistent with the religious, cultural, political and moral values of the United Arab Emirates.

i couldn't believe it, since facebook works totally fine. they must have sth against germans... crazy. just as crazy as the toilets. no toilet paper, but small showers in each toilet so you can rinse yourself after you peed. ;-)

flight was great, the food awesome. but birk, the movies... no comment. i watched half of "elizabeth-the golden age" and the rest wasn't interesting at all. hope it's better on my next flight now, to auckland. yay!

i just tried to find out at what gate my flight departs, but it was all in arabic. great, i thought, this is an international airport?! didn't get the idea to look at the other side. a british lady had to tell me after i had been looking at that stupid board for ages...

there are people waiting now, i better stop now. next time from new zealand!

Tags: airports, culture

About xocolata


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about United Arab Emirates

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.