Existing Member?

Graduated, Gone, Garbage Not a travel journal per se, just something to record ideas, thoughts and photo's for anyone interested.

Time To Be Alive!

VIETNAM | Wednesday, 10 December 2008 | Views [453]

I know this blog has been somewhat fixated on motorcycles as of late – but what a fantastic time to be alive! December in Saigon and the weather is remarkably beautiful. Cruising around with my shiny white ILA helmet is simply heaven. On my bike I’m meandering and weaving in and around the millions of citizens and it’s as if I’m moving along heavens own highways.

3 months in and it’s been hard, frustrating and tiring – but hasn’t it gone fast? It’s days like today when I suddenly realize it’s all worth it as I’m zooming past giant billboards and the streams of people eating and drinking on the edge of the road. Wind is cooling my face and my hand on the throttle is the only thing that occupies my mind. Joyous.

There’s no end to my elation. I can’t help chattering in broken Vietnamese to every person I meet. A quick thank you for stopping at my floor in the elevator, an eloquent ‘thank you very much' to the cookie lady, everyone appears beautiful and warm to me and in my mind there’s just no ugliness in the world. Moments like this come rarely. When they come, they sure do hit.

 

 

Travel Answers about Vietnam

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.