Existing Member?

Graduated, Gone, Garbage Not a travel journal per se, just something to record ideas, thoughts and photo's for anyone interested.

New House New House

VIETNAM | Saturday, 6 December 2008 | Views [591]

Don’t petrol bomb us. We’ve moved and doesn’t out guesthouse hate it? Every bloody day I get a call telling me I have outstanding payments. What cheek! They raised my rent each week without telling me. Some Vietnamese are slimy bastards I’ll tell you that.

Also, don’t give out your phone number like the pope gives out sermons. The result of such naivety will be the odd midnight phone call or a strange text wanting you, their new best friend, to come meet them in some obscure location.

Anyway the house. Well its quite nice if a little bare. Our landlord is some old doddery fella who played piano. He can’t speak a word of English either which is quite innervating as we have to go via our landlord to get anything done, i.e. know how to get mail, use a washing machine, comb our hair etc. The buildings pretty cool though, its juts out of the Saigon District 5 skyline like a jack in the box. A big pink skyscraper.  Two bedrooms, a bathroom, a kitchen, a washing room and a big bare space where some massive shrine used to sit all neat and snug against a wall.

A balcony outside gives a good view of the surrounding sprawl with a decent view of a little pagoda. Look down to the ground of the building and there’s a fountain complete with elder resident’s power walking around it in circuits. The mugs.  Security are pretty resilient and equally grim to boot. Miserable dudes won’t indulge my mumbling Vietnamese practice sessions that I spring upon them.

Tags: apartment, house, saigon, vietnam

 

 

Travel Answers about Vietnam

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.