Existing Member?

Graduated, Gone, Garbage Not a travel journal per se, just something to record ideas, thoughts and photo's for anyone interested.

Got a Job!

VIETNAM | Wednesday, 5 November 2008 | Views [389]

After weeks of wrangled negotations and a stand off Khruschev-Kennedy style I have finally landed a job. I will now be working here: ILA Vietnam in District 1. 

For those of you not in the know ILA Vietnam is the English Language school we did our CELTA certificate with. The branch we will be working in is different to the training centre in that it is much smaller, (and we feel) more intimate.

So............

Here's to a celebratory night out at Sheridans Irish Pub where, despite geographical dislocation from Ireland, you can still get some of the black stuff one loves.

ILA was our first choice primarily because of its amazing resources, support and benefits package. For first time teachers like us it seems the best launchpad for teaching in Vietnam. So now the search for an apartment or house begins so we can get out of our odious hotel and get back in of our own free will after 2am.

 

 

Travel Answers about Vietnam

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.