Existing Member?

William's Walk The Great Walk on the Great Wall of China is fantastic. As the son of a cancer victim, I take great pleasure doing my share towards fighting cancer. Walking on the Great Walk is so challenging, but I will beat it, just like we’re going to beat cancer…

Prayers To All In The Area

CHINA | Wednesday, 14 May 2008 | Views [896]

Cracked High-way

Cracked High-way

After half-day isolated from the news because of the communication cut-off, some pictures from the disaster area are posted on the web this morning. We know there were more than 2,600 times of quakes after the major one yesterday afternoon. People are all evacuated to sleep at the open spaces like, squares, streets, yards or anywhere without collapsing hazard.

We see the cracked roads, dopped rocks, collapsed houses... There are still raining, even! Troops have started their way to the epicenter, however, the roads and bridges are all destroyed. This is pure mountain area of Sichuan Province, where only few roads linking with outside. There do have some channels across the mountains, but the quakes have collapsed them all without mercy.

One message from the frontier that a commander of the troops orders "We must move into it, neverthless how much difficult!" They are marching by foot amongst the shaking mountains, with their lives threatened anytime if more rocks roll down.

The offical casualty number exceeds 12,000, while there are vast villages lost without communication and stastics still. We all know that the actual number of casualty must be far from what we know now.

Premier Wen Jiabao is always with the rescue pioneers, voice hoased and cloths wet...

More troops have been detailed to the area for rescue. We hope them to arrive soon; we hope the people inside the ruins not to give up...

Prayers to all...

Tags: china, china earthquake, earthquake

 

 

Travel Answers about China

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.