Existing Member?

An epic year This is the blog of ELlie and Emily on their journey to beyond! Enjoy :)

HAPPY HOLI!

INDIA | Tuesday, 2 March 2010 | Views [688]

Ellie here...so this is basically a quicky just to tell you all how amazing the colour festival was before we catch our sleeper bus to Udaipur! So we picked out the clothes which we didn't mind getting ruined and mentally prepared ourselves for this mass event! Got slightly worried that we had hyped it up too much as we walked through the empty town - almost as if we had missed it! As we got closer to the market we saw more and more multi-coloured bodies dragging themselves away from the chaos and we still didn't know what we were getting ourselves into. Local people from the town were warning is not to go into the centre etc but obviously in true wilding/bartlett style we dove right in! There was music blaring from the surrounding buildings and paint being thrown in every direction as people were dancing and weaving in and out of the madness! We soon got layered in paint (the image that you are now picturing in your head is NOTHING compared to what we looked like...just wait for pictures.) from head to toe. It consumed us entirely...seeping into our eyes/ears/nose/mouth/pants. After a while we realised that we were lacking in AMO so we fled the scene and bought some worthy waterguns to aid us in our plan of attack! As female westerners, we were clearly a minority and hence great targets for both the paint and the wrestling. I was practically kung fuing against a boy at one point. epic.

blahblahblah got back to the hotel and destroyed the bathroom and are now forevermore stained red! umpa lumpas for life

more from Udaipur laterxx

About wilding-bartlett


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about India

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.