Existing Member?

An epic year This is the blog of ELlie and Emily on their journey to beyond! Enjoy :)

Ain't no pushing in Pushkar

INDIA | Friday, 26 February 2010 | Views [901] | Comments [1]

Emily speaking-- Sitting in a little internet cafe writing this from PUSHKAR, AKA a home away from home. This little town is the perfect place to go after Jaipur... we're staying in "Hotel Everest" and have a balcony, a very comfy bed and plenty of nice people to help us out! We did have a bit of a mishap when we discovered that the toilet is A. Not attached to the ground and B. Spurts out waterfalls whenever you flush. (we were worried about hygiene originally, but then discovered that it's the clean toilet water leaking onto the ground... yes we're gross let us be.) The shower has also had us kneeling down so that we can bathe under the tap which is about a foot off the ground... Ellie was also quite badly burned when she attempted to get hot water going! (it was really quite hilarious). Anyhoo, the first night we were here we met two fellow gappers who gave us plenty of advice about how to travel in india as two girls. They also told us 1. not to take valium as you will fall asleep on indian men and will not wake up for hours(we weren't going to anyway...) 2. to cover yourself from head to toe in cloth once you leave pushkar-- bodysuits are on the shopping list and 3. not to let people take photos. I don't think the parents want to know why. Apart from just hanging around we have actually been active... we hiked up 2 mountains so far, the views were awesome and we actually got a tan! (kind of). However, this strenuous exercise proved so tiring for Ellie that she felt she needed a calorific booster at the end of night, so asked for a pot of nutella while we were playing Spit (card game... we got VERY lary and were told that the police might come). The boy who works on the roof is so nice and he seemed very... confused? by her request, but once he established that she did INDEED want a whole pot of nutella with no bread, nothing, he ran and got it. I guess the dehli belly hasn't hit just yet. 


We're sticking around for Holi here (a spring festival which happens in two days)... everyones told us it's much more fun/safe/involved in Pushkar than in Jaipur, where we were planning to be. We've also become quite attached to our rocking toilet, so we won't rush to leave just yet.


Pics will be up when we get wireless, love to all!


E & E

Comments

1

ooo ems and els bathing like little gremlins heheh

  Su Mar 1, 2010 1:44 PM

About wilding-bartlett


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about India

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.