Existing Member?

An epic year This is the blog of ELlie and Emily on their journey to beyond! Enjoy :)

Rickshaws, Elephants and Forts.

INDIA | Sunday, 21 February 2010 | Views [887] | Comments [3]

Emily again! Ellie and I are sitting outside in this beautiful little garden right outside the hotel we're staying in. There are pigeons everywhere though so i'm afraid I'm going to be shat on while sitting here! Either way, today was aweeesomeeee! Went to Amber Fort in a rickshaw driven by a 21 and 15 year old duo... They had speakers in the back, aka a pimped out tuk-tuk. Listening to music when we were driving along all the roads made us feel like we were in a movie- OUR movie starring Ellie. and me. Anyways, we drove  for ages in this ruckety little vehicle and saw many sights along the way... a camel who gave us each a kiss (see photo... Ellie now has camel rabies), quite a few elephants and of course, SO MANY COWS. When we finally got to the fort it was beyond gorgeous... we even got to touch an elephant(of course, we had to pay for this) on the way up. We were pestered by one man trying to sell kama sutra prints (bahahaha) but he was VERY insistent... Ellie snapped after hearing "Excuse me Madame" for the millionth time and told him that he'd already been excused. He promptly ran away. The fort was pretty, yadadada, the most exciting bit was that ELLIE BECAME A SNAKE CHARMER! We were watching three old men charm the socks off a few cobras when another man tried to get us to join. Ellie rushed in while I remained on camera, and was promptly made  to switch her sunglasses with a traditional snake-charming hat. The man next to her put on her sunglasses (RETRO) and gave her a flute... I must say that she was not able to apply her musical talents here, and it sounded like a dying goose when she tried it. Neeedless to say that the cobra was not pleased with her musical talents  so it tried  to slither towards her, which is when all the music stopped and the old man grabbed his little pet. I could have had a turn, but i've decided I don't like cobras very much. We then went on to a monkey temple where there were, weirdly, MILLIONS OF MONKEYSSS! Planet of the Apes on earth. Ellie was used as my rabies shield as she has had the jabs, so she recorded all the monkeys picking bugs of each other and yelled "monkey monkey monkey monkey" into the videocamera. One tried to steal Ellie's shoe and she had to run after it... however he did not know who he was dealing with and quickly returned it. We were then drawn into a little prayer room where we were given a bindi, a pretty little bracelet on our right hand to say we are not married (EEK... not good for men to know we're single), and they gave us a blessing and put some yummy smelling stuff on our hand. This whole religious effect was ruined a little when they complained  of how  much money we donated (20 rupees)... but it was still fun!

Anyways, we're off to dinner  in a few hours, our rickshaw driver (who fancies emily- ellie had to add that in) and his little brother (who fancies Ellie... shes a cougar.... not really he's 5ish (aka 15) ) are coming to pick us up for din dins!

We both feel like we've been here for ages, but it's only been 2 days. Mental! It's still amaze tho... we're thinking pushkar next?!?

Namaste!

Comments

1

im so happy i found this.

  Tra Feb 23, 2010 11:01 AM

2

hey Em

glad to hear you are having a good time..

  Tom Feb 26, 2010 1:01 AM

3

which tom are you?!?! and thank you :)

  wilding-bartlett Feb 26, 2010 10:30 PM

About wilding-bartlett


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about India

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.