Existing Member?

An epic year This is the blog of ELlie and Emily on their journey to beyond! Enjoy :)

Arrival in India!

INDIA | Saturday, 20 February 2010 | Views [859] | Comments [1]

Emily here! We set off early early earrlyyy this morning in order to catch a bus... very interesting walk to the bus station as it was cold and we were dressed for the warm Indian weather! We got a little anxious when our bus was 40 minutes late and almost called the grandparents for emergency help to the airport, but the bus came eventually. Finding terminal four was seriously difficult and a massive hassle, but we got there after sitting on the ground of many wrong platforms for all the wrong transfer trains. Flight was relatively hassle free... I know that I slept very well... Ellie says that her seat mate (she was in the middle) kept her up by staring at us and singing constantly. It was very hectic to get to the domestic airport when we arrived in Mumbai, but we made it eventually and sat around (yet again!) for hours waiting for our flight. Finally we made it to the gate where two strange men approached us holding photocopies of our passport... we were very confused initially (Ellie though she had lost a photocopy/had a stalker) but then realized they were the men from the exchange bureau. These men proceeded to tell me that they had given me 2000 rupees extra (sad times) and I had to give it back. I was not pleased. When we finally boarded the bus to what we thought was our plane, a nice lady informed us we were about to board a plane to somewhere sounding like Jaipur, but actually spelled Uadipur. Thankfully we ran across the runway after being pointed in the right direction of our plane (run/took a bus... shhh), while they radioed the pilot and told him not to take off! 

It was the coldest plane ride EVER, but we survived. So now we're sitting in our little hostel, waiting for an hour to go by so we can shower and sleep! 

Oh, and on wildlife watch... we've seen a thousand cows, a few dogs and one camel. Woop!!!


Much love to everyone at homeee!

Leemeely xxx

Tags: arrival in india!

Comments

1

noice!!!! yer doinn the damn thing! you girls have a long and beautiful journey ahead of you. i can't wait to keep reading about your adventures, obstacles, successes, and new findings in this strange and interesting world.

oh! i got my wisdom teeth out 3 days ago so i've been chillin at home watching alotta movies and guess what i watched this evening? slumdog millionaire. taking place in where other than INDIIAAA. wow, the culture there just seems so different. i woner how it's treating you girls. anyways, in the movie these kids have no one to take care of them, they just roam around the ghettos of india. they have nothing! and they live in so much danger. but you know what? they still find happiness, love, and knowledge. it's really beautiful actually... to see that even those kids, who grew up in unimaginable conditions, are able to feel the same joys that we strive for in life. they are the joys within our souls. our souls... consisting of our most prized posessions! they are richer than all the money in the world, richer than gold. never forget it ladies. above all else in your travels, you must remember that.

i hope you guys know what i'm talking about, cause sometimes my rambling just doesn't make sense. know that i am wishing you the best.
I miss you soo much em! and i know i've never met ellie, but i've heard only wonderful things and don't doubt her sense of adventure. ;) HAVE FUN GIRLS, i know you already are. and no matter what everyone says, DON'T play it safe. yeah yeah, be careful and all, but don't ever hold back.
ALL MY LOVE. go crazy ya wild thangs.

  Melissa Feb 20, 2010 7:03 PM

About wilding-bartlett


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about India

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.