Existing Member?

One Wilde Woman's adventures

London

NEW ZEALAND | Thursday, 5 May 2011 | Views [310]

I've met up with Barbara (after initially having a hassle because I had her cell phone number incorrectly entered!) and on Tuesday night we went to see Jersey Boys in the West end. I loved it. Barb was a bit jet lagged so kept dropping off to sleep every so often.
 
Went on London Eye yesterday. It was awesome. Barb was a bit nervous at first but we had a wonderful sunny day. We walked along the Thames from Westminster Bridge (passed on seeing the Abbey as the queue was a mile long) to Tower Bridge. Then went to Carnaby Street as Barb wanted to look at some shops. Also saw changing of the horse guard (interesting), Tate Modern, Shakespeare's Globe theatre. The weather was beautiful. Today its raining but not cold. We are in an internet cafe hoping the rain will go once we are finished here.My legs were so tired last night after walking all day.
 
I didn't walk much in Nottingham (because Gloria and Pete were so wonderful running me around everywhere) and I think my knees and calves wondered what had hit them. They have recovered today and I feel fine. We went for dinner with a family Barb used to nanny for last night. Wonderful family who made us so welcome.  Going to a Spanish restaurant tonight with Barb's old flatmate.
 
We are planning on going to Harrod's for high tea this afternoon and doing some other shops. Will try and get a ride on a double decker bus somewhere. We have bought an Oyster card each which gives us unlimited train and bus travel for 7 days. Have already had our money's worth and used both forms of transport.
 
Heading to Richmond to see Adrienne and kids on Friday and spend a couple of nights with them. Will miss Dave as he doesn't get back til Monday. Still having a fabulous time and can't believe how luck I am to be living my dream.

About wilde1


Where I've been

Favourites

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about New Zealand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.