Existing Member?

One Wilde Woman's adventures

Guten tag from Germany

NEW ZEALAND | Thursday, 24 March 2011 | Views [248]

I am now in Mannheim and trying to train my brain to think in German instead of Italian. I We had lunch at IKEA yesterday - its such a well known store in Europe but I had never heard of it in New Zealand. Yesterday afternoon we sat on the bank of the Rhein river and enjoyed 18 degrees and lovely sunshine as we watched the boats passing by carrying cargo and flying the flag of their country.

Last night we had a typical German meal with Sarah s parents. It was delicious but off hand I cant remember the name of it.

I am catching the train on my own today to Heidelberg as Sarah has uni classes all day. The weather is lovely again and I m looking forward to the day.

Sarah and Max are such lovely hosts and really make me feel welcome. Paulo the dog is so cute and can perform funny tricks. His favourite is jumping and giving a High Five.

I bought some German branded listerine yesterday and just about scoured the inside of my mouth when I swished it around my cheeks! After copious mouthfulls of water I was finally able to look at the directions and with my limited German was able to decipher I should have only added a few drops to a glass of water. My eyes are watering now thinking of how concentrated the stuff was last night. These Germans are a hardy bunch of people!

About wilde1


Where I've been

Favourites

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about New Zealand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.