Existing Member?

Sabrina's Travel Notes

Arrival in Phnom Penh

CAMBODIA | Tuesday, 31 May 2011 | Views [470] | Comments [3]

Hello All,

I've just arrived at my hotel in Phnom Penh and thought I'd take a moment to jot out a few thoughts.  The journey was good, although quite long.  My flight to Seoul was 10 hours, then had 3.5 hours layover, and then a 5 hour flight to Phnom Penh.  I really did go the long way, but the price was right ;)  Upon arrival it took me approximately 3 minutes to get a visa, grab my bag and exit the airport.  It was a nice change from the labyrinth of Heathrow.  Then there was a blast of hot air--- the doors were open, and I had my first taste of the heat that I will surely enjoy for the next few months.  I was then greeted by a driver and 2 western development workers who took me to my hotel, had a beer with me, and gave me the low down on the city.  All in all, not too tired, and really excited to be here.

Comments

1

Well done girl! Your first day and first beer - baby steps are always very important. Hope that you ill enjoy that weather and won't get tired of constant heat. Take care and hope to hear from you soon x

  Agnes Jun 7, 2011 4:53 AM

2

Sounds like the start of a great adventure! We're in awe of your pluck and courage, but do take care. Looking forward to following your news.
Much love,
Annette and Tony

  Annette and Tony Farr Jun 21, 2011 5:10 PM

3

Thank you Annette and Tony!!! I hope you are having a lovely summer!

  whitesa Jul 5, 2011 9:06 PM

About whitesa


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Cambodia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.