Existing Member?

Sabrina's Travel Notes

5 Days to Go!

UNITED KINGDOM | Wednesday, 25 May 2011 | Views [389] | Comments [1]

With this entry, I hereby christen this Journal. 

It's 5 days until I leave for a very long flight to Phnom Penh, and there is still quite a lot to do.  Jabs, check; malaria tablets, check; mosquito repellent, check; laptop--currently being held hostage at the neighbours after a stupid delivery man left it with people we do not know and who seem not to be home, ever; packing....this is more complicated.  I'm packed for Cambodia, but still need to pack up everything else and put it in storage for the summer.

I'm starting to get quite excited, but the recent volcanic eruption in Iceland could delay my flight.  Cross your fingers that the ash disperses properly and its safe to fly by Sunday night at 9pm.  If I can just get a plane out of Europe, it should all be fine. 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-13502009

Other than that, I'm enjoying wearing long-sleeves and jackets for the last time this summer.  Bring on the Heat!

Until next time.

S

 

Comments

1

Sabrina, I am so proud to know that you're going to my home country to help improve the lives of my people. May you continue to set the example of what an individual can achieve in the face of adversity in helping his/her fellow human being. No matter what difficulties you may encounter, I hope you continue to exhibit your optimistic outlook on life, and grace people with your warm smile. Overall, I hope the experience transform you as much as the people's lives you will touch.

Sabrina, you are an inspiration to all that dream big and actively pursue their goals regardless of circumstance. I look forward to reading your blog and best wishes to you on your travels! :-)

  Lundy May 28, 2011 2:50 AM

About whitesa


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.