Existing Member?

Velocity:Inertia Stories of my Adventures

Day 6: Dancing in Delhi

INDIA | Friday, 28 August 2015 | Views [286] | Comments [1]

I took a Bollywood dance class this morning at Delhi Dance Academy and it was fun and exhausting. They had me dancing for an hour and a half straight! Yes , it did get filmed. No, I'm not sure yet if I will ever show it to anyone. :P I actually don't know how it turned out yet because they have to format it in a way that can be emailed. I love the music though. Im pretty sure if I had access to these classes back home I'd start going to them and not quit. Even though I probably looked like a fool at times from my inexperience, I felt so happy and powerful while learning and practicing this art form. 

I was so lost today in some back alleys and neighborhoods. I knew the general direction I needed to walk in, but I had not a clue where I was going. The interesting thing is that for all the harassment I experienced less than 10 miles away, I experienced none of it here. People just went about their business and I felt honored to be in lost on the streets that they call home. 

I planned to do more but the dancing and the getting lost before and after in the 100 degree heat drained my batteries. Took a nap, Had dinner, talked to people (one of them a bro from Tampa who called me "negative" and said I wasnt looking at the "silver lining" because I mentioned that capitalism exploits people at times and it's good to be conscious of where the products we buy are coming from ...LOL I thought I could hear the rest of the common room rolling their eyes, good to be around like minded folks). 

Tags: dancing, delhi

Comments

1

You make my day! I must see the video!

  Nicole Aug 29, 2015 11:02 AM

About wheresmypants


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about India

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.