Existing Member?

Velocity:Inertia Stories of my Adventures

Day 5, sometimes the best places have moustaches painted on them

INDIA | Thursday, 27 August 2015 | Views [305] | Comments [2]

Part of the common room at Moustache Hostel

Part of the common room at Moustache Hostel

Today I braved the haggling and tuk tuk ride to Moustache Hostel. The tuk tuk dropped me off at a very different spot than where it was but I somehow magically found it after 10 to 15 minutes of a hot, mazey, backpackey walk.

And this place is amazing! Exactly the kind of hostel I was looking for and had lost hope of finding in Delhi when I was down in the dumps last night. Most of the guests have meals together in the common room in addition to discussions about politics in our respective countries. I met someone who grew up in Arizona and dated someone from my high school, a couple German guys, a couple of people from other parts of India, and a lady from Britain who has had a freakishly similar Indian itinerary to mine.

I finally was able to meet up with my dad's friend and we ate at a delicious buffet. It was fun to hear his perspective of the way Delhi is after growing up in various parts of India but ultimately settling down in the secluded, extremely laid back Hana, Maui. He spoke of how different Delhi was before it filled up with so many cars around the late 1980s and how he found it more pleasant before then.

I was able to FaceTime with John because the wifi here rocks. I've never used FaceTime. I've skyped maybe 3 times and the last time was 4 years ago. It is amazing to exist in a time where I can do this! I could watch john making breakfast and getting ready for the day. It felt so good to have a piece of home in the palm of my hand.

I slept poorly last night and had no nap today, so this will be a short entry. Glad to have had such a nice day. :)

Tags: delhi

Comments

1

so glad you got to be with Naresh and found a better place to stay, makes me feel good, like i am sure it does you! we just got back from vegas, i have to go get a manicure, i have a couple spurs under my nails that are killing me! more later. love to you my dear!

  Dad Aug 30, 2015 6:19 AM

2

did you see the piece from the az jewsih news? just in case you missed it i am emailing again


  Dad Aug 30, 2015 6:21 AM

About wheresmypants


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about India

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.