Existing Member?

World Wanderers! Thailand-Vietnam-Cambodia-Laos-Singapore-Australia-New Zealand-Argentina-Brazil

The wonderful country of Oz!

AUSTRALIA | Thursday, 18 February 2010 | Views [815] | Comments [2]

First Impressions...WE LOVE THIS PLACE!

The people, the weather, the scenery, the relaxed atmosphere and the food have made for FANTASTIC first impressions!

We landed 2 days ago and got straight down to business and began a 4 day PADI dive course. We learn how to scuba dive, go down to 40 metres and basically how to be safe and have an amazing time seeing what goes on down there. The Great Barrier Reef seems like the perfect place to start this, allow sharks, deadly jelly fish, puffer fish and so on may alter our view once we get in the water! It's actually really safe!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (So we've been told.) Had 2 days in the classroom studying and in a pool learing how to breath with a BCG etc. We both passed our exam and swim test. Tomorrow is time for the real thing. 7:00am pick and we are off to the Reef. Can't wait! Living on a boat for 2 days, 2 hours out to sea. Have a look at our boat...

http://www.diversden.com.au/oq.htm

Steve's having to limit his Pure Blonde beer intake though, which is causing strange behaviour! Ate our first steak last night, delicious! Thank god we have left the rice and noodles behind!

Another 2 days of diving then we can say we are "qualified", although we may not feel so confident in these waters! All I can say is it beats the North Sea any day! (No nappies or floating durex)

Life is good and getting better by the day!

Wish you were here!

xxx

Comments

1

Hiya
Glad you passed your PADI exam - well done! There's no stopping you now - it's a whole different world down there I hear! Enjoy every minute - the boat looks fantastic! Hope Steve managed to finish the huge steak. Knowing him he probably would! Take care xx mam xx

  Mam Feb 18, 2010 9:45 PM

2

Hi
Well done you two passing your exam there is no stopping the pair of you.
Have you seen anyone from Neigbours yet?
Wish you could send some sunshine over here!!!!
Take care and stay safe xx

  sandra Feb 19, 2010 4:19 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.