Existing Member?

World Wanderers! Thailand-Vietnam-Cambodia-Laos-Singapore-Australia-New Zealand-Argentina-Brazil

6 berth economy sleeper train to Nha Trang...NEVER AGAIN!

VIETNAM | Saturday, 16 January 2010 | Views [434]

Left the beautiful Hoi An yesterday! Unfortunately the journey there does not live up to expectations of life travelling the world! When we boarded there was already 3 smelly Vietnamese men in our cabin/cell! The man below Steve enjoyed spitting greenies on the floor and the carpet (which was on each bunk to sleep on) was riddled! If it wasn't for the silk sleeping bags we bought for the journey I think I would of jumped off! (see photo of Steve in his red one!) Oh and the toilet was a hole in the ground!

After an extremely disturbed sleep we arrived in Nha Trang. This place is known for the gorgeous beach, relaxing lifestyle and crazy nightlife! We fequented the local backpacker bar last night and I drank a few cosmopolitans while Steve stuck with the beer Saigon for less 50pence each! Also had a gorgeous meal at a swanky seaside restaurant. Think we must be getting sick of the Vietnamese food because I ordered Steak and mash and Steve ordered Lamb Shank and onion rings! Was amazing though!

Had a day at the beach today. The weather isn't the best at mo but we hope the sun will come out tomorrow. Many of the locals prepare and cook seafood for you on the beach. We had Fresh lobster with chilli for lunch for 100 Dong, thats 3 quid!

Got a lovely little apartment right next to the beach. It has a computer in room, a large plasma TV and a fridge! All for only 20$!!!!

Next stop Saigon on Tuesday and then down to Phu Quoc Island for some R & R.

See yas xxx

 

 

Travel Answers about Vietnam

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.