Existing Member?

Where In The World

Oh Dios Mio!

SPAIN | Sunday, 29 July 2007 | Views [3857]

Giant soldier helmets on the rooftop (La Pedrera) BARCELONA

Giant soldier helmets on the rooftop (La Pedrera) BARCELONA

Tapas bars, Mojitos, and a little local bar called Sugar.  There's no better way to spend your nights in Barcelona.  Day or night this is a lively city and entertainment is found in all forms, especially as you walk down La Rambla.

The purpose of our visit was to meet up with our friend Jason who's well acquainted with the city.  And with him we enjoyed every minute.  We strolled around the beach, the shopping district, and viewed works by the famous architect Antoni Gaudi including: La Pedrera, La Sagrada Familia Church, and Park Guell.  We also had to wind our way through the famous Mercat de la Boqueria.  Each corner you turn is filled with vendors selling meats, cheese, fruits, veggies, and even seafood so fresh the fish are gulping on ice!  We dined on tropical fruits and fresh squeezed juices from coconuts, mangos, pineapples, & papaya.  You name it, they squeeze it.  Mandy and I also grouped up with some gals from the hostel and toured the Muesu de Picasso. 

Luckily our 1st night in town we found a tasty restaurant called Les Quince Nits.  The price is low, the quality superb, and the atmosphere is like that of fine dining.  Being the big eaters we are, Mandy and I enjoyed an appetizer (each), glass of wine, main course, dessert, and coffee all within budget (under 28 Euro)!  Although you should know that if you eat dinner on Spanish time (around 9ish or later) the queue for entry gets fairly long but well worth the wait.

Our time in Spain was short but we were able to see J again plus take in some of the splendor that Barcelona has to offer.

Tags: Sightseeing

 

 

Travel Answers about Spain

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.