Existing Member?

Cambodia and Vietnam 2016 A quick look at Cambodia and then visiting our favourite country, Vietnam for a 5 month stay. Look out Hoian here we come!!!

Day 133 – 11th August 2016 Thursday – Lawn Bowls

VIETNAM | Friday, 12 August 2016 | Views [324]

Kevin didn't ride today. Appears he is now only riding every other day with the boys as it is very hot and humid at the moment. I decided to go for a massage at Five Senses as I was very achy and had not slept well. I also had a bit of a tummy upset overnight. When the massage was over I needed to rush home as my tummy was very aggravated and on the last corner to our house I was going too fast and came off the bike. So here I was with a skun knee  and needing badly to go to the toilet. I only just managed to get the door unlocked and to the toilet in time. What a disaster. Kevin went to the pool and spent the day in the cool. I stayed home spending time laying down and on the toilet. I also decided to do a little more study on my final TESOL subject.  Topica finally replied to my many messages over the last two weeks and they now say I must sit the practice tests and exams again before starting to teach. What a load of crock. I finally agreed to sit the 2 exams and asked for the details. My lesson with Hien was ok and we covered general reading which was easier for her than the academic reading. We had arranged to meet Monika and JA at The Vegetarian No 2. And Lee and Michael joined us. Unfortunately the meal was only average. Our cauliflower soup was so watered down that we sent it back. We then watched the son come up on his motorbike with some more soup from the other restaurant. Finally we had our soup but it still was not good. Monika also was disappointed with her rice dish. Mama just seems to be going through the motions and not caring about her regular customers. Monika and JA decided not to go to bowls as JA had spent another 4 hrs at the dentist. We then went to bowls which has been changed to Thursday nights to try and get more numbers. There were 12 players so it wasn't too bad. I sat out til 8.30 and then decided to go home. 

About wendyandkevin

Wendy & Kevin all smiles before their trip

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Vietnam

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.