Existing Member?

Cambodia and Vietnam 2016 A quick look at Cambodia and then visiting our favourite country, Vietnam for a 5 month stay. Look out Hoian here we come!!!

Day 16 – 16th April 2016 Saturday – Getting supplies

VIETNAM | Sunday, 17 April 2016 | Views [328]

Did not sleep well as A/c was too cold. Up and out walking Cam Thanh by 5.20am. Walked for 1 hour and stopped to get baguette rolls at bakery in Ba Le market. Meanwhile Kevin walked into town and got himself some supplies for breakfast. Vang dropped off our box which we left with her last year with a few extra things. Arranged to meet Vang at 11am to go shopping for the essentials. Did a load of washing, long overdue. Kids from next door just walked into the house and so I set them up in front of the TV. Vang told me later not to do this so will have to keep the door shut. Spent all morning organising the house. Took Kevin on the scooter to collect his new bamboo bike. It is very impressive and Kevin is very happy with it.  He can't stop looking at it. Went with Vang and shopped at local stores and the market to get our new stuff spent VND$3m or close to A$200. It was close to 6pm when we finished. Tuan who works at Betel rand Vang while we were shopping and invited her to dine with him and his wife Thoul. They invited us to go as well. We walked to the local restaurant Bon Bin which is just across the road from Betel and enjoyed a lovely night with good friends. Lots of Mot, Hai, Ba, Jowls were said over the warm beers that were drunk. Dong and his wife Wee called in to say hello. A great night.

About wendyandkevin

Wendy & Kevin all smiles before their trip

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Vietnam

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.