Existing Member?

Cambodia and Vietnam 2016 A quick look at Cambodia and then visiting our favourite country, Vietnam for a 5 month stay. Look out Hoian here we come!!!

Day 12 – 12th April 2016 Tuesday – Travel to Phnom Pehn

CAMBODIA | Wednesday, 13 April 2016 | Views [417]

 We were up and downstairs by 6.15 and ordered breakfast while we waited for the pickup van. It came right on 6.50 and we had to quickly pay the bill and leave. At the bus station in Sihanoukville our small bus was already loading. The driver tried to put us in the back but I told him NO we are seats 3 and 4. Spoke with a guy from California who is married to a Vietnamese and lives in Mui Née.was an interesting conversation. He has bought 2000m of land and built an open plan 2 bedroom home for US$90k. He has 13 cashew trees on the property. Arrived at Golden Palace Resort & Sky Bar hotel by 1pm. Our room is on the 9th floor with views over the city. The pool is just up the stairs from our room. We went out to Mama Wongs just up the road and around the corner for a late lunch. Changed some money and got some supplies. Got a message from Pam and Cliff Edmunds that they are just leaving Siem Reap to cruise down the Meekong towards Vietnam. They are going to be in Phnom Penh on Thursday so we will try to catch up. Headed up to the pool for a dip but didn't stay long as there was a strong hot breeze and no lounges available. I decided not to eat dinner and Kevin headed out on his own. He ended up having an average pizza from around the corner near where we went for lunch. 

About wendyandkevin

Wendy & Kevin all smiles before their trip

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Cambodia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.