Existing Member?

Cambodia and Vietnam 2016 A quick look at Cambodia and then visiting our favourite country, Vietnam for a 5 month stay. Look out Hoian here we come!!!

Day 4 – 4th April 2016 Monday – Travel to Battambang

CAMBODIA | Tuesday, 5 April 2016 | Views [430]

We were up and ready for the bus pickup at 7.30 as our bus was due to leave at 8.30. Well it appears Cambodia is also very lax about timetables and no one seems in a hurry at all. Of course this didn't sit well with me. After collection in a small bus we drove around foR an hour picking up other travellers. Finally arrived at bus around 8.45 and then headed off down the street, we would stop, and wait, and finally a local would turn up and hop on the bus. We actually drove back past our Hotel street at 10am. The trip was uneventful other than the toilet stop with no bowl. I of course found it very difficult to squat and wee. It is only 171km but it has taken til 1pm to arrrive at Battambang. Luckily the hotel had sent a tuk tuk, drivers name was Kaoemry to take us to Hotel Sovannphum, which was very nice and quite new. We arranged with tuk tuk driver to take us on a tour tomorrow and also to give us a brief city tour later today after a rest. Kaoemry picked us up and took us around town for 1 hour and it was a most informative time spent. We headed directly back across the river from our hotel to the street with restaurants and walked up and back before deciding on White Rose Restaurant. It was busy with a cookery out the front serving drive by people with BBQ meats. They were also doing a big trade in Coconut Cream Shakes. The meal was nice and healthy, fried rice for Kevin and noodles for me. We managed a couple of large beers to help it down. For dessert we ate an icecream while walking back. 

About wendyandkevin

Wendy & Kevin all smiles before their trip

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Cambodia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.