Existing Member?

Cambodia and Vietnam 2016 A quick look at Cambodia and then visiting our favourite country, Vietnam for a 5 month stay. Look out Hoian here we come!!!

Day 66 – 5th July 2015 Sunday – Nha Trang

AUSTRALIA | Monday, 6 July 2015 | Views [342]

The phone rang just after 6am and it was My sister Karen. The dogs had eaten and destroyed the binds at the Bay House. She wanted the insurance details so that a claim can be lodged. Will need to wait until I get back as I'm not sure of policy details. We both had a shake for breakfast and Kevin headed off to Louisiane Brewhouse just after 8am. I didn't arrive for another 45 min. The people watching was interesting as the French lady from previous years has come and she is going through her routine of getting ready to go for a walk. It is a sight to see. She is dressed in a bikini, she puts on an arm band for her music, she then puts lots of bands around her knees and calves. She then adds weights to her calves, wraps them on and covers them. On goes the headband that matches the bikini. Some squat exercises has everyone at the pool looking at her. To finish off she adds hand weights and she's off for a 40 min walk. A bus load of tourists arrived and they have come from a cruise ship that is docked in the harbour. They all head to the beach and the lounge chairs there. At one stage I went down to the waters edge and the wind had come up and blown about 5 of the umbrellas away. The water is again dirty with rubbish and I decided not to go in. I got talking to a guy we had seen yesterday who is American, names Johnny, has lived in Nha Trang for 8 months. It was interesting listening to why he choose NT. The staff came up to us and asked us to move so they could rent to 2 spare lounges near us, so I moved over to the outside one next to Kevin. It was in the sun with only filtered shade so it was getting quite hot. We headed back to Hotel for lunch around 12.30pm.  Kevin decided to go for a ride to Xom Moi Market and asked me to show him where it was on the map. Well Kevin couldn't even find where we were on the map so what hope does he have of finding the Market. I went and had a massage from the blind people and at VND$80k it was a bargain next time I will get just a back and shoulder one as my back is still not good. I wondered back and stopped at an A Mart store and they had some Nike clothes in the back. I bought 2 Dri singlets for VND $150k each or about A$9. We have seen them in the Nike store for A$35. Kevin came back and yes he never found the Market but did find the Co-Op Mart which is a 3 floor department store for locals. He then went to NhaTrang Centre and bought an éclair and a coke for a snack. Riding is hungry work. For dinner we went to a local Vietnamese Restaurant and Kevin ordered spring rolls and pumpkin soup with a bread roll. I had a tuna salad and fresh spring rolls. I had so many spring rolls left over that I got a doggy bag for lunch tomorrow. We walked back past the A Mart store and Kevin bought 2 short sleeve Nike T Shirts. He was very happy with this buy at VND $150k each. 

About wendyandkevin

Wendy & Kevin all smiles before their trip

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.