Existing Member?

Cambodia and Vietnam 2016 A quick look at Cambodia and then visiting our favourite country, Vietnam for a 5 month stay. Look out Hoian here we come!!!

Day 35 – 4th June 2015 Thursday – HoiAn

AUSTRALIA | Friday, 5 June 2015 | Views [243]

Was outside waiting for Dung to open the gate at 5.30am. He obviously slept in and didn't come out until 5.50 and was very apologetic. I headed up Cua Dai St to Hai Ba Trung St and then back along Ly Thuong Kiet St. As I was heading off the guy from up the road who is disabled due to a stroke stopped me and wanted to have a coffee. I told him I was just starting my exercise and would be an hour. While we were having breakfast Andrew stopped on his way to work. His trip to Hanoi had taken 9 days and was amazing. We arranged to catch up for dinner tomorrow night to discuss and look at a map of where he went. He told us we have to go to the caves. These are the same caves that Monika and Jean-Ann have just left to go see. Kevin discussed bike riding with Andrew and he offered to take him on a 40km ride to Danang. Also suggested that next trip Kevin get a proper bike. Dung had a quick look at the TV and he said he would take it to the repair shop. Bugga, thought we might get a new one. Headed off to the beach. Kevin took 15 min 57sec to ride. I left around lunch time as I wasn't feeling well. I had an upset tummy. Kevin ordered lunch and stayed until 3pm. I just lazed around trying to settle my tummy ache. Kevin went into town to get a new phone card and to change some money. I rang Vang and pleaded illness so we weren't coming for dinner. Vang advised that Duc's Grandmother was going further downhill and they would be going to the home village tomorrow. Kevin made a shake for himself and then went out for an ice cream later.

About wendyandkevin

Wendy & Kevin all smiles before their trip

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.