Existing Member?

Cambodia and Vietnam 2016 A quick look at Cambodia and then visiting our favourite country, Vietnam for a 5 month stay. Look out Hoian here we come!!!

Day 32 – 1st June 2015 Monday – HoiAn

AUSTRALIA | Tuesday, 2 June 2015 | Views [335]

Went walking into town past the market, past the Japanese Bridge down to the second bridge to An Hoi Island and turned inland and back along Phan Chau Trinh Street. When I got back I again looked at the sun dresses and decided I was sending them back for further alterations. After breakfast Kevin went to the beach – 15min 24sec, his personal best. I on the other hand took Huynh to the tailor and we explained what we wanted. Hopefully this time. I went back and got ready for the beach. When I got here Monika, JeanAnn and Lisa were all in the water and Kevin had introduced himself. I quickly went into the water as I was very hot from my morning efforts.  Chatted with the girls and we arranged to have a meal tomorrow  night at Seashell Restaurant in An Bang. We are all going to order roast chicken with the trimmings. Talked  a while longer with Lisa before heading back to Homestay. Kevin ordered a pancake for lunch. He must need a sugar fix. He stayed at the beach until 4pm while I went teaching with Ms Le and Hai. I also downloaded some more episodes of Arrow to watch. When I got back it was close to 5pm so I decided to call my friend Yvonne for a chat. She was still at work and welcomed a break to talk with me. It was good catching up and finding out that Bayley and Sarah (Yvonne's daughter who is house Sitting) are getting on famously and that Bayley is not missing us. What a traitor of a cat. We decided to head to our favourite Restaurant for dinner but when we got there it was closed so we went to Little Mermaid Restaurant where Kevin ordered a burger and I the Pho. The meal was only average. We met a couple from New Zealand who are heading to the Mekong to do a 10 day cycling tour where they are required to ride 80km each day. Bugga that, I reckon it will be too hot. On the way home we went to a shop – Lien Hoa on Pan Boi Chau St to get another pair of bathers for Kevin. It was the same shop he went to a couple of weeks ago and the lady remembered him so gave him special price of VND$120k or $7. I told the lady I would come back to her to buy some scarves if she had a good price. We will see. 

About wendyandkevin

Wendy & Kevin all smiles before their trip

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.