Existing Member?

Cambodia and Vietnam 2016 A quick look at Cambodia and then visiting our favourite country, Vietnam for a 5 month stay. Look out Hoian here we come!!!

Day 30 – 30th May 2015 Saturday – HoiAn

AUSTRALIA | Sunday, 31 May 2015 | Views [346]

Up early and off for a walk into the central market. When I got back at 6.45 an American couple were having breakfast. They were going to ride their push bikes to Marble Mountain. It would take approx 2 hours to ride the 25km. I wouldn't want to be doing it. Kevin has decided that the shirts he has had made are a little long so he will be taking them back to be altered later this morning. I also decided that the sun dresses were a little firm and could be let out so that they sit a little better on my arse. Huynh will take them back for me. After breakfast I took Dram, Tung and Huynh sister Dram for an English lesson. I had got the alphabet sheet from Ms Le and we are going to photocopy it for the Homestay family. They only wanted to go through the alphabet and basic grammar. Cuc and Huynh also sat in when they weren't serving other guests. The lesson went well but it is difficult when the kids are all at various levels of knowledge. I met Ashlee and Josephine who are from UK and travelling through SE Asia before heading to Perth to work. Chatted with them for a while. Kevin went off to the tailor and I went to have a massage from the blind massage place. It was great. Kevin went into town to The Sports Bar to watch Port Power play Melbourne. I headed off to An Bang after lunch for my teaching at the school / café. In the first lesson we had 25 kids and we discussed why tourists come to An Bang / HoiAn. David was there to help as well. After the lesson I walked down to the beach and met Ms Soung who I have spoken with a number of times but didn't know her name. I went to Soul Kitchen and had a swim and ordered a beer as it is very very hot in the classroom even though it is open sided there is just no breeze. I headed back along the beach for the second lesson and when I got back Lisa was there. Chatted with her for a minute and then Tan says she has to go and could I take the lesson. I stuttered and said sure ……..  Lisa said Thoung would help, she is a 14 yo who is very quiet spoken. A couple from Belgium come to help. We started the lesson and after 35 min my dress was saturated with perspiration, my hair was just dripping and the kids were out of control. My first attempt at controlling kids when I cannot communicate with them was a failure. I threw my hands up and asked Lisa if she wanted a go and she says No! So we led the kids go as I have had more than enough. I headed back to HoiAn and a cold shower to cool off. Kevin we just lying around very happy that Port had won. We decided to go to a close local restaurant and headed off on food to find 232 Cua Dia Road which we thought was just around the corner. Well we walked nearly all the way to Cua Dai Beach and after a while Kevin wanted to stop but I said we had come this far we were going to the restaurant Son Slow cook as recommended by Deborah. We finally arrived and ordered, Kevin the slow cooked beef with vegetables and I fried noodle with vegetables. Followed this with Green Saigon beer. The meal was nice but we probably wouldn't go back. We walked back and we both needed to take a shower to cool off. The nights are getting warmer with a low of 27C. 

About wendyandkevin

Wendy & Kevin all smiles before their trip

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.