Existing Member?

Cambodia and Vietnam 2016 A quick look at Cambodia and then visiting our favourite country, Vietnam for a 5 month stay. Look out Hoian here we come!!!

Day 158 - 28th September 2014 To Clare

AUSTRALIA | Monday, 6 October 2014 | Views [499]

Day 158 28th September 2014 Sunday. Strong northerly winds today. All packed and left at 9.40am. Turned off to Weeroona Island near Pt Pirie to have a look at the free camp that mum and dad use when travelling this way. Unfortunately the camp was exposed to the northerly and not very pleasant in this weather. Headed back to the main road and turned off at Crystal Brook and headed toward Clare. Pulled into the race track which is about 3 km north of Clare and a low cost stay. There were 2 other vans on site when I arrived and Peter who had been at Streaky Bay helped direct me to a flat piece of ground between him and the other van. After lunch I headed into Clare and to the Visitor Centre for some local information. I then went to several wineries for tastings, included Tim Adams where I bought some cleanskins, Kirrihill, Knappstein and Jim Barrys. Not a bad afternoon. When I got back to the race track there were 5 other vans that had arrived. One belonged to Kevin and Rinata who we had met at Exmouth and then again at Hamelin Station many months ago. Had drinks with Peter and his wife.

About wendyandkevin

Wendy & Kevin all smiles before their trip

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.