Existing Member?

Cambodia and Vietnam 2016 A quick look at Cambodia and then visiting our favourite country, Vietnam for a 5 month stay. Look out Hoian here we come!!!

Day 113 - 15th August 2014 To Mullewa the long way

AUSTRALIA | Saturday, 23 August 2014 | Views [324]

Day 113 15th August 2014 Friday. Packed and left park by 8.15am to head to the wild flowers. Dad took a wrong turn and we ended up going 100km out of our way. When he finally stopped he said that once he realized he had taken the wrong turn he decided to go and see the leaning trees at Greenough and the Alinta Wind Farm which has 54 turbines. I then had to direct as dad had no idea where he needed to go. So we headed back to Geraldton on a different road and then took the road to Mullewa the centre for wild flowers. Checked into Caravan Park at the Ampol Service station and drove to park and set up. We took a drive through site and dad one under the trees. Only costs $22 / night. After lunch we headed across the road to do the Mullawe wildflower walk. This is a 2.8km walk and we got to see lots of white, yellow and pink flowers. Even took photos with mum and Kevin sitting / laying among the flowers. We then drove to the visitor centre and got some information on where the wreath flowers are. I overheard a lady talking of a display of flowers along Old Mingenew Road and so we went and had a look. These were amazing. Much thicker than what we had seen earlier. We also stopped at the Bushland Trail Lookout.

About wendyandkevin

Wendy & Kevin all smiles before their trip

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.