Existing Member?

Cambodia and Vietnam 2016 A quick look at Cambodia and then visiting our favourite country, Vietnam for a 5 month stay. Look out Hoian here we come!!!

Day 65 - 27th June 2014 Lunch at Matso's

AUSTRALIA | Saturday, 28 June 2014 | Views [381]

Day 65 – 27th June 2014 Friday. Aaron’s birthday. The gas strut on the bed broke last night and so I was on the phone first thing to Cameron Caravan’s to see what we could do. Spoke with Stuart and he asked for me to find someone in Broome to fix it. He was to ring Nicole in Melb who is responsible for the warranty issues. After much too and fro it was decided she would mail the parts to Pt Hedland and dad would fit them. We headed to Matso’s for lunch to use the $50 voucher we had won at bowls earlier in the week. Both had beef burger and ginger beer. Matso’s is a local brewery that has its own brand of beer. The mango and ginger beer are my favourites. We then went down to the Port to where dad was fishing off the beach and settled in for an avo of fishing. I was the only one to catch anything, two small flat heads that went back. While dad was off doing something his line went and I grabbed it and tried to land what was on the other end. Dad ended up taking over and it was a shovelhead ray. Weighed a tonne. That was it for the avo. I also lost a hook from a big bite as did dad. Canasta was a tight contest with only a few points in the game. Mum and Kevin were victors.

About wendyandkevin

Wendy & Kevin all smiles before their trip

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.