Existing Member?

Cambodia and Vietnam 2016 A quick look at Cambodia and then visiting our favourite country, Vietnam for a 5 month stay. Look out Hoian here we come!!!

Day 22 - 5th July 2013 - Hoi An

VIETNAM | Saturday, 6 July 2013 | Views [652]

Got up and left at 5.15am and Kevin was still sleeping. Today I went to the end of Nguỷen Duy Hieu St and turned right so I was headed out towards Vang’s block of land past the houses and into the rice paddies. On returning I went to complete the blog and disaster struck and I was hacked and lost all the entries. Not happy!!! After breakie we headed to the beach and as we were a little later we missed out on any of the good seats / lounges. There were 30 Chinese who had taken over Soul Kitchen. Got talking with a lady who fell off her bicycle and required 2 stiches at the hospital this morning. Her name was Susie and she was here volunteering as a teacher for 3 months. She lost her husband 3 years ago and continues to come to Vietnam. She does not like the volunteer foundations as she is wary that funding actually reaches the intended recipients. She gave us the address of her homestay and so we will go and have a look for our next visit. After lunch I went to Phoungs the tailor and picked up the 3 dresses that were being altered and tried on the black and white new one but it too needed a little work. Ordered another dress in outlandish oranges, blues, yellows silk material. That is it as I have now spent $150 on 5 dresses. I then went to the jewellery store that Neville recommended and had a browse. I told the lady I would have to bring my husband back!!!! Kevin didn’t come with me and he had decided to take a ride around town and explore a little. He went out the sticks and through the rice paddies. I then went and had a massage with the blind people. Cost $5 but I gave her $10 cos the massage was good. I told Kevin he should give them a go and have one but he said he didn’t want a blind person doing it. Didn’t make sense to me because he is happy to over tip for food etc but not give money to a person that needs it and provides a good service. Go figure. It was dinner with the owner and other guest tonight.There were 14 guests total and Dong and Hien were the hosts. They had used the AustralianSuper stubby holders for the beers. Looked really good and other guests commented.

About wendyandkevin

Wendy & Kevin all smiles before their trip

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Vietnam

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.