Existing Member?

Cambodia and Vietnam 2016 A quick look at Cambodia and then visiting our favourite country, Vietnam for a 5 month stay. Look out Hoian here we come!!!

Day 11 - 24th June 2013 - Nha Trang to Danang

VIETNAM | Tuesday, 25 June 2013 | Views [382]

Today was moving day. Kevin actually got up early when I did and came for a walk with me. I went down to the normal Disco building and Kevin kept going to the bridge. Needed to send email to the hotel in Hue to arrange pick-up from the train on Tuesday. Did this on returning from my walk while there was no-one around in the lobby. While I was there 3 people came into hotel looking for accomodation - all before 6.45 am.Had an early breakie - 7 am so we could pack everything up. Well this took 20 min top. Paid the bill - $260 for the week which included room, breakfast, m/bike, airport transfers, laundry. So not too bad. Bugga about the exchange rate dropping though. Car was late by 25 min picking us up and Danny - proprietor was having a fit. Turns out the guy couldn't get through the laneways and didn't think to try a different way. Dah. Arrived at airport and check straight in and cleared security all within 10 min. Flight left on time and uneventful. Getting warmer - it is 36C in Danang. Hadn't arranged pickup at airport so caught a taxi to our hotel - D&C Hotel which turns out to be in a quiet area on opposite side of river to main city centre. Room ok but very hot. Turns out the fridge not working or turned on so there was no cold drinks available. Not happy Jan!!!Closed the curtains and ramped up the a/c. Decided to head out to do some shopping at Metro - the large department type store that has everything. Like a Big W / Woolies combined. Had told the taxi I want to go to Big C but when we took off in the wrong direction I remembered it was Metro I wanted to go to. So a change in direction. Taxi driver said he would come back in 2 hours to collect us again. Well it only took an hour to do the lap so we were waiting for the taxi to come back out in the heat. When we got back Kevin headed off to find some internet so he could read up on the sacking of the Aussie Cricket Coach - Micky Arthur. Decided to eat at the hotel restuarant on the 8th floor. Is run by a german couple and Kevin had a hamburger and I had spagetti bog. The sights and ambiance was good. All open air and there was a breeze off the sea and the lights and colours over the city bridges were fantastic.

About wendyandkevin

Wendy & Kevin all smiles before their trip

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Vietnam

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.