Existing Member?

Cambodia and Vietnam 2016 A quick look at Cambodia and then visiting our favourite country, Vietnam for a 5 month stay. Look out Hoian here we come!!!

Day 9 - 22nd June 2013 - Nha Trang

VIETNAM | Sunday, 23 June 2013 | Views [659]

Off for a walk at 5.30am and headed toward the bridge. I now know that I did not go far enough the other day and still had 10 min from where I turned around. Bugga. Well I didnt make it there today either. Went a little further to the disco building. On the way back I looked at the photo display on side street and explored a little in behind where we are staying. Saw an ice making operation. After breakie we headed to Louisiana Brewhouse for another lazy day by the pool / beach. Today the weather is a little more sunny and more people are around. The first person we see is Jane who is from Brighton England and she and her husband Mark have lived in Nha Trang for 4 years now. We met them last year when we were here. They recently moved into an apartment close to where we are staying ($500pm) at Carpe DM. Chatted with her for a while and Kevin headed off for a walk along the beach toward Vinpearl. A little later another couple that had been here last year arrived and they are Donna and Rob who are from Pt Macquarie and have now retired and are living in Nha Trang for 5 months. They have an apartment at New Horizons and are paying $750pm. The sun is hot today but at about 2.30 a thunder storm came in and washed it all away. Headed back to hotel on m/bike and got satuated. Kevin walked and he was even wetter. Kevin was so excited that Port won. Go Power. He sat out on the balcony and watched the rain for the rest of the day. Intented to go to HyLap Mini Restuarant - the greek place for a bite but it was closed again. Went back to Nha Hang Yens Restuarant and Kevin had Chicken Curry - boy is he exploring his taste buds. Wasn't happy as it was not breast meat and had giblets in it. I again had the pancake with shrimp and pork and it was lovely. Finished off with mango sorbet. On the way back we called in at Jane's apartments - Nha Trang Apartments for a look at vacant studio and one bedroom. Very small really. Kevin is bright redon his front from sunburn. Ouch!

About wendyandkevin

Wendy & Kevin all smiles before their trip

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Vietnam

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.